24 May Top 5 Causes of Car Accidents
Since vehicles are human-operated, there are, of course, many opportunities for mishap. Car accidents are often consequences of preventable mistakes. And unfortunately, while they could have been avoided, they might result in tragedy. Unintentional accidents, including car, accidents are the leading cause of death among people aged 15-24, which s. That is why it is of exceptional importance to take precaution when getting behind the wheel. Driving, though an everyday activity, is dangerous and must be taken seriously.
The preventable nature of a car accident might amplify its tragedy. However, this quality should also be an encouragement to drivers. We all have the opportunity to drive responsibly and prevent accidents. Take consideration of these common causes of car accidents each time you hit the road in an effort to keep yourself and others safe.
Top 5 Causes of Car Accidents
- Distracted Driving: We’ve all seen it, and we’ve all been guilty of it. And if you’re driving while you’re reading this, stop now! Although we’re sure you strive to drive with attentiveness, distractions like our phones, music, or our passengers can be devastating. So, do whatever it takes to maintain your focus. Put your phone away, don’t multitask and drive safely.
- Drunk Driving. This is an obvious hazard to drivers. It is the most dangerous and deadly cause for an accident and can always be avoided. If you have been drinking, do not drive. Get home safely by any means necessary.
- Speeding. To all you Vin Diesel fans out there, we’d like to remind you that speed limits are purposeful in ensuring everyone’s safety. And although speeding is an easy habit, especially if you’re running late to work, you must resist the temptation. It is an entirely avoidable, yet common cause of auto accidents.
- Reckless Driving. This includes reckless lane changes, speeding, and aggression. When driving becomes a part of our daily routine, it is easy to forget that we operate machines that are capable of causing severe accidents. Though it might feel like second nature, driving is always a serious undertaking.
- Rain and poor road conditions. Wet and slick roads with reduced visibility can pose a serious threat to drivers. In a matter of moments, with unpredictable conditions, a driver can lose control and spiral into an accident. Tailor your driving to the conditions of the road. If the roads are foreboding, wait to drive until they have cleared. Nothing is worth the risk.
A car accident can render absolute devastation. National averages report about 37,000 crash-related fatalities per year. And about 94 percent of all accidents are deemed preventable. So, next time you get in the driver’s seat, take the necessary precautions to ensure safety. Together, we can reduce the staggeringly high number of car-related deaths and make our roads safer.
In the case of car accident-related injury or death, make sure to reach out for legal guidance. We at the Law Offices of William D. Shapiro are prepared to handle your case in the effort of restoring justice and establishing safety on the roads. Please, do not hesitate to give us a call for outstanding legal advocacy.