Car Accident Attorneys in San Bernardino – Serving Southern California
Getting hurt in a car accident can be a traumatic experience. If you suffered an injury in a car accident in San Bernardino County, knowing what steps to take and who to contact for help is essential.
At William D. Shapiro Law, Inc., our San Bernardino car accident lawyers can be with you quickly to assess the damage, gather evidence, and build your case. We work tirelessly to fight insurance companies and ensure that our injured clients get the compensation they deserve after a car crash.
William D. Shapiro Law, Inc. is located at 893 E Brier Dr, San Bernardino, CA 92408 near Hospitality Lane and just a few blocks from Costco and Hampton Inn Suites San Bernardino.
With William D. Shapiro Law, Inc. on your side, insurance companies may offer you a fair deal. Their main goal is to pay you as little as possible. To do this, they often provide injured car crash victims a quick settlement and pressure them to accept. Do not sign anything before talking to our law firm for a free initial consultation and review. We can tell you if the insurance company’s offer is fair.
against negligent driver
for spinal injury by distracted driver
against negligent sheriff deputy
against negligent driver
against negligent driver
against negligent driver
Multiple six and seven figure recoveries
Why Do Car Accidents Happen in San Bernardino?
Car accidents are a leading cause of death in the United States, and San Bernardino is no exception. With so many cars on the road, it’s not surprising that auto accidents happen. But why do they happen so often in San Bernardino?
One reason may be the city’s layout. San Bernardino is spread out, with many streets and highways winding through neighborhoods and business districts. This can make it difficult for drivers to know where they are going and easy to miss a turn or exit.
Another reason may be the city’s weather. San Bernardino is located in Southern California, where the sun shines almost daily. This can create glare and reflections that make it difficult to see other cars, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
Finally, the city’s population is growing, so more cars are on the road vying for space. Traffic congestion and tourism make car accidents more common in San Bernardino and California.
Other causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Road rage
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving
What Types of Injuries Do Car Accidents Cause?
Car accidents in San Bernardino can cause a wide variety of injuries, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to more severe injuries such as whiplash, broken bones, and concussion. The severity of the injury will depend on the speed and force of the impact, as well as the angle at which the collision occurs.
For example, a head-on collision is likely to cause more severe injuries than a rear-end collision. In addition, passengers who are not wearing seat belts are at greater risk of being ejected from the vehicle and sustaining severe injuries.
At William D. Shapiro Law, Inc., our San Bernardino car accident lawyers have helped injured accident victims like you, including those who suffered:
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal organ damage
- Disfigurement and amputation
What Compensation Can I Expect After a San Bernardino Car Accident?
After a car accident, there are many things to consider. One of the most important is what kind of compensation you can expect. This will depend on many factors, such as the accident’s severity, damage to your vehicle, and whether or not you and the at-fault driver have insurance.
You can generally expect compensation for your medical bills, property damage, emotional distress, pain and suffering, and lost wages. You may also receive punitive damages if the other driver was at fault.
If you have been in a car accident, you must speak with one of our experienced car crash attorneys, who can help you understand your rights and options. Contact us today for a free consultation.
How Long do Car Accident Settlements Take?
The duration of a car accident settlement can vary widely depending on several factors. It’s important to note that the timeline for a car accident claim can be influenced by jurisdiction-specific laws and regulations, the complexity of the case, and the willingness of the parties involved to negotiate and reach a settlement. Here are some factors that can affect how long a car accident claim may take:
- Severity of Injuries: Claims involving serious injuries may take longer to resolve, as it may require extensive medical treatment and evaluation before the full extent of the injuries is known.
- Liability Disputes: If there is a dispute over who was at fault for the accident, it can prolong the claims process. Investigating and resolving liability issues can take time.
- Insurance Company Cooperation: The willingness of the insurance companies involved to cooperate and negotiate can significantly impact the timeline. Delays can occur if one party is uncooperative or if there are disputes over coverage.
- Negotiations: The negotiation process between the parties involved (such as the injured party and the at-fault driver’s insurance company) can take time. It may involve multiple rounds of offers and counteroffers.
- Legal Action: If a settlement cannot be reached through negotiations, the injured party may choose to file a lawsuit. The legal process can be lengthy and add several months or even years to the claim.
- Statute of Limitations: California’s statute of limitations, which is a deadline for filing a lawsuit, can be complex with a lot of exceptions depending on the facts of your claim. Read our article on California statute of limitations for car accidents & personal injury claims.
- Documentation and Evidence: Gathering evidence, including medical records, police reports, and witness statements, can take time. Thorough documentation is essential for a successful claim.
- Mediation or Arbitration: Some claims may go through alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation or arbitration, which can add time to the process.
- Settlement Complexity: More complex cases, such as those involving multiple parties or significant damages, may take longer to resolve.
- Court Backlog: The court system’s backlog and scheduling can affect the duration of a legal action if the claim goes to court.
It’s challenging to provide a specific timeframe for a car accident claim because of these variables. Some straightforward claims may be settled within a few months, while more complex cases that go to litigation and a court trial can take several years. It’s important to consult with an experienced car accident lawyer at William D. Shapiro Law, Inc. to get a better estimate of the timeline for your specific situation. We can provide guidance based on your specific circumstances that are relevant to your situation.
What to Do After a Car Accident in San Bernardino
- Get Medical Assistance – The most important thing to do right away is to ensure that anyone injured receives medical attention immediately–even if the injuries seem minor. Once everyone has been taken care of, follow up with your doctor and keep records of all medical bills related to the accident. This is important because insurance companies often require proof of any medical expenses related to your claim.
- Record Evidence from the Scene – Record as much information from the scene as possible, such as photos of any visible damage or injuries, contact information for witnesses, and the other driver’s license plate number. It’s also essential to get the contact information for drivers and their insurance providers so that you can quickly provide this information when filing a claim with your insurance company or contacting a lawyer.
- Call Our Law Firm – If you suffered an injury in a car accident, contact a lawyer at William D. Shapiro Law, Inc. by calling (909) 890-1000 for legal advice on how best to proceed. You’ve got enough on your plate trying to recover from your injuries and rebuild your life. Let us handle the legal aspects and get you the money you deserve.
- Time is of the essence – There are specific time requirements and mandates that apply to certain claims depending on the type of claim being made, age of the claimant and who the claim is being made against. We urge you to contact counsel to find out what applies to your situation. Failure to make, serve and/or file a timely claim or complaint will bar even the chance of recovery thus we urge anyone seeking to make a recovery, to immediately retain counsel without delay.
Contact Our Inland Empire Car Accident Lawyers Today
If you or someone you love suffered an injury in a car accident in San Bernardino, our law firm can get you through the aftermath. At William D. Shapiro Law, Inc., our San Bernardino car accident attorneys can make it easy for you to get the support you need after an accident. Simply call our law firm at (909) 890-1000 or fill out our confidential contact form today.
San Bernardino Superior Court Civil Division
Address: 247 W 3rd St, San Bernardino, CA 92415